The Work Experience Program
Through Community Connections for Supported Employment, we give our residents, who are not ready for competitive employment, opportunities to practice and further develop their employability skills through an individualized, curriculum-based, work skills program. All these opportunities are in collaboration with a specific community-based work site.
Our occupational therapists are involved directly with each participant in the program, from standardized work evaluations and interest inventories through task analysis and supervision of the community-based work site.
Components of The Work Experience Program Include:
- Administration of the assessment of work performance
- Administration of the occupational performance history interviews
- Administration of interest inventories
- Curriculum-Based training sessions focused on career interests, completion of employment forms, enhancing current levels of work skills and identifying areas of improvement, and appropriate job behaviors and interactions.
- Placement at a community-based work site
- Communication between the work site and work experience program to ensure a supportive and successful work environment.
- Job coaching support
- Transportation from resident’s apartment to work Site and back.
Currently, the Community Connections for Work Experience, LLC program is only available to residents of Community Connections for Independent Living, LLC.